Do you have pension income in Finland and you are living in another Nordic country?

This information is addressed to you, if you receive Finnish-sourced pension income and are living in another Nordic country. It only deals with the assessment of pension income.

Finnish tax

If you receive pension from a Finnish pension institution, the pension is taxable in Finland even if you live outside of Finland. The tax is exactly the same as for residents of Finland. If your pension income stays under a certain lower limit, there will be no tax at all. Every year in spring, you will receive a Finnish Pre-completed tax return, and your Finnish pensions for the previous year are recorded in it for your check. You are not expected to declare any income outside Finland.

When filing your income tax return in the country where you live, please declare your Finnish-sourced pension income and taxes.

Select the other country here:   Denmark | Iceland | Norway | Sweden