Do you live in Sweden and are employed as an air crew member in another Nordic country?

This applies to a person who lives in Sweden and who is employed in another Nordic country by a Nordic airline to work on board aircrafts.This information only applies to tax on earned income.

Taxation in the country of employment

Your pay  is exempted from taxation in the country of employment. This applies regardless of whether you work on domestic or international flights.

Taxation in Sweden

Your salary is liable to tax in Sweden. If you have received travel allowances to cover expenses relating to your work, the taxable surplus is to be calculated in accordance with the Swedish rules.

You must report your salary income and received travel allowance in your Swedish income tax return and deduct for increased living expenses according to Swedish rules.

National Insurance (Social security insurance)

There are special rules about where you are to be insured. For more information you should contact Försäkringskassan in Sweden the social security authority in the country where you are employed.

Select the other country here:   Denmark | Iceland | Norway | Finland |