Are you resident in Denmark and do you receive interest income/pay interest expenses in another Nordic country?

This applies to you who live in Denmark and receive interest income/pay interest expenses in another Nordic country. This information only concerns taxation of such income/expenses.

Interest income

Interest income received from another Nordic country is liable for taxation in Denmark in the same way as interest income from a Danish payer.

The term "interest" means interest on claims, including interest on bank deposits etc. and bonds.

If you have paid tax on interest in another Nordic country, you may request to have the tax paid refunded by contacting the tax authorities or the bank in the country of payment.

Interest income is taxed as capital income and is included in the ordinary tax calculation.

You must indicate interest income and interest expenses on in TastSelv under foreign income. You log on using your NemID or "Declaration of overseas income" form 04.012.

Interest expenses

When you are resident in Denmark, you are entitled to deduct interest expenses in respect of loans. This also applies to interest on foreign loans.

Select the other country here:   Iceland | Norway | Finland | Sweden